Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Dentophobia

Is there something that you fear without a reason? That you know will not kill you and yet, afraid as if it will kill you? Well, I do. And for the weirdest thing, it's D.E.N.T.I.S.T.

I probably need to thank my brothers for it.
Remember this movie? Maybe most sane human wouldn't watch it but my brothers made me watch them when I was a kid. This got me a little more than traumatized. You know school do have those yearly check up? I remember once, I was so fear, I was the last person in the entire school to get my teeth checked! And that was F.5! Not only that, I tear too. fml. 

And last Friday, I took up some courage and made an appointment with a dentist on V.day. Reason? My last visit to a dentist was 5 years ago. Figure that I need to get things checked and fix. I guess I don't want to wait till my teeth all decayed.

I try my best to not think of the process, noise and PAIN! When the nurse called me, I swear I wished I didn't came. Lets jump to the conclusion, I'm glad that I over came the fear. Another lesson learned, what you  feel during a kid is not necessarily true. Why, filling isn't that painful after all. I'm actually excited for my next appointment, scaling and polishing!  XD

2 comments:

  1. Did "cuci gigi" last month and my conclusion was, it was not too scary as long as you found the right/pro dentist. she told me that i should go n cuci gigi every 6mths to clean the "batu?" (no idea what the correct term for that)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think the correct term for "cuci gigi" is scaling and polishing and it is to remove the hardened calculus. :)

    ReplyDelete